Thursday, June 25, 2009

MICHAEL JACKSON

I am truly saddened by the death of Michael Jackson. I was surprised when a reverend friend of Michael’s spoke on the news, almost the exact words I had just thought. It disturbed me to see all those people crowded around the hospital. I couldn’t help but wonder how many of them were there only so they could say they had been. How many of them truly cared about, Michael? What had they thought several years ago, or said to their friends and family when he was going through rough times?

Were they condemning him?

Were they praying for him?

I have always liked Michael Jackson, thought him to be an incredibly talented man. When controversy rose about his life style and later accusations, I never fully bought into it. I know how cruel and inaccurate the media can be. Instead, I felt sorry for him. In my eyes, he was a man in pain. A man with hurts and losses and disappointments. A man that sinned just like you and I, though because he was “Michael Jackson”, he was “suppose” to be perfect.

How awful it is that we so often treat others so poorly until the day they parish from this earth, then all of a sudden we are sorry their gone. It’s too bad we can’t all be more like Jesus, and love and care for our brother and sister no matter their color, social or economical status, or their sins.

Wouldn’t it be nice if the next time we pick up one of those gossipy magazines at the checkout counter, or read or watch the news, that instead of getting a trill off others hard times, we instead pray from them.

May God be with all of Michael Jackson’s loved ones.

God rest his soul.

No comments: