Saturday, October 15, 2011

MY CURRENT THREE

My current three reads, which by the way are all great books.

I always read the Bible, a non-fiction, usually inspirational/faith based, about the craft of writing, or the prison ministry. The third book I read is fiction, something for pure pleasure. In more cases then not, it’s inspirational and often there’s a cowboy or two involved.

DEVOTIONAL:












The Bible - I’ve been reading the Bible every morning for years now from cover to cover. This I believe my fourth time, each different Bibles. After this one I plan to read THE PURPOSE DRIVE LIFE, again. I haven’t read it in years and was inspired by it beyond words. That and the movie THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST. Both life changing for me.

NON-FICTION:








Start Something That Matters, by Blake Mycoskie - Blake spoke at my church several weeks ago, Willow Creek Community Church. Before that I hadn’t heard of him. I was blessed to receive his book a week later, which I’m convinced God orchestrated. I’m about 100 pages into it and WOW! This is a must read. Not just for those wanting to start a business, but for a better way to live one’s life.

FICTION:








The Shack, by William P Young – I can’t wait to finish this book and write a review. I’d heard of it for years, and what I heard had me questioning whether or not it was for me. One of my pen pals sent it to me a few months back. Now on page 120, I’m sure glad he did.




What are you currently reading?

No comments: