Tuesday, February 26, 2013

MAMA ... REALLY?

I would have never believed it if you would have told me how great the movie Mama, was going to be and how much I'd enjoy it. With my daughter knowing how I felt about going to see yet another "scary" movie with her, on the way there she said, "Wouldn’t be funny if you loved the movie and I didn’t.".

“Ha, ha, real funny. Like that’s going to happen.”

The “scary” movies my daughter’s taken me to over the years have been predictable, with a weak storyline, and sorely lacking in scare ability.

As we entered the theater, we soon realized we were the only ones in there. That alone was kind of creepy. Watching Mama, I screamed … at least three or four times. Something I don’t typically do. They did an amazing job with all aspects of the movie, just like a great novel. You need all the elements to make it really great. Not just one or two.

It was amazing! Really, the best horror/scary movie I’ve seen in years since, Cujo. I don’t know why, but Cujo terrified me. That’s since the 80’s people. To say that I was thoroughly impressed, is an understatement.


No comments: