Wednesday, October 30, 2013

BOOKS TO MOVIES



As soon as I heard about THE LAST SONG coming out, I knew I had to see it. I was pleasantly surprised by Miley's acting. I think she did a great job. It was an amazing story. Having watched a few of Nicholas Sparks movies, I know to expect something amazing ... except when I read the book first.



After seeing A WALK TO REMEMBER several times, I finally made the decision to read the book. The first I've read by Nicholas Sparks. Though it was well written and a good story, I could not believe how different it was from the book. I mean really different.



I guess I should have then known when I decided to see DEAR JOHN after reading it, how different the movie would from the book. What a letdown, though I'm sure it would have been good if I didn't have the book to base if off of.

Why, oh why do authors let this happen! Or movie directors for that matter. If a book is a hit, why in the world would you change it? And I don't mean minor changes, I mean major changes. It makes me wonder which I should pick between, because clearly reading the book AND seeing the movie isn't working ... for the most part. 

So what are your thoughts?

No comments: