Tuesday, August 26, 2014

IS IT WRONG I'M IN LOVE WITH TY PORTER?


Title: Meant to be Mine
Author: Becky Wade
Publisher: Bethany House Publishers (May 6, 2014)
Pages: 384

There are books that are good, and then there are ones that when you read the last word, you let out a long sigh. That would be a sigh that is quickly followed by a warm and tingly sensation, and what comes after reading an amazing book. that is exactly what happened with MEANT TO BE MINE by BECKY WADE.

A friend of mine read MEANT TO BE MINE and proceeded to let me know I MUST read it. She's read some of my writing, knows my fascination for cowboys. She knew the fact that the hero is a bull rider, would be enough to entice me. Needless to say, she was right.

Celia Park has had a crush on Ty Porter since the day she laid eyes on him in high school. Years later in Vegas, it didn't take long to realize her feelings for the cowboy hasn't changed.

Ty Porter is making a living doing what he does best - riding bulls. A few days in Vegas with Celia Park, gives way to his reckless side. Doing something that would change the course of their lives, and cause him to focus a hundred percent on his career and little else.

MEANT TO BE MINE is the first book I've read by BECKY WADE, and won't be the last. In fact, only minutes after finishing, I ordered UNDENIABLY YOURS, the first of the Porter brother's books. I can only hope MS WADE has another in the making for Jake Porter. My interest is already spiked regarding Ty's brother with so few words.

The very first page of MEANT TO BE MINE captured me, pulling me in. A slow reader, I stayed up late into the night, reading until I could no longer keep my eyes open, finishing some ninety pages. If I had the time to sit and read all day, I would have. When I had less than a hundred pages left, I woke the next morning realizing I wasn't about to get anything done until I completed this incredible story.

MS WADE knows not only how to write, but how to create a story that ropes you in and doesn't let you go. I LOVED the characters...all of them. Each is districted. What she did with the characters may not have worked for other authors, but for MS WADE, it did.

If I had to pick one quality of the story that made MEANT TO BE MINE stand-alone from other novels I've read, I would have to say it would be the uniqueness of the path the author took the characters on. There were several situations that were easily predictably, not that I had problem with it, because I didn't. But MS WADE caught me completely off guard by NOT doing what the reader would expect. Not once, not twice, but several times. And I LOVED it.

I can't wait for UNDENIABLY YOURS to arrive to read about Bo Porter, and looking forward to the story about Jake in the future. I guess I've just found myself a new favorite author.

1 comment:

Brenda S. Anderson said...

Kym, you will love UNDENIABLY YOURS! And Jake Porter's story comes out in May of 2015--I'm really looking forward to reading that book! Then I'd recommend reading Becky Wade's standalone title, MY STUBBORN HEART. Becky's a gifted author whose work appeals across genre. My husband, who reads thrillers & fantasies, even loves Becky Wade. :)