Friday, January 29, 2016

A MUST READ BY EVERYONE!

Title: Incarceration Nations: A Journey to Justice in Prisons Around the World
Author: Baz Dreisinger
Publisher: Other Press (February 9, 2016)
Pages: 336

INCARCERATION NATIONS: A JOURNEY TO JUSTIC IN PRISONS AROUND THE WORLD caught my attention immediately. I have been involved in prison ministry since 2004. I have experienced firsthand the injustice. The works of power, dehumanizing, greed, politics, injustice, repercussion from what we are born into, and the affects of such doings.

Before purchasing a book, – unless it is of a favorite author – I scan the reviews. The first one I go to is a one star. I like to know the best and worst of what people are saying before making a decision. Next, I will take a peek in the book. This gives me a glimpse into the authors writing. The voice, the flow, their knowledge of the basic rules of writing a book. Due to a one star review, I was a little leery about ordering INCARCERATION NATIONS, but the subject matter was too vital to pass up.

In my younger years, I thought introduction were optional. Later in life, I found that to be far from the truth. Quite often, they are a crucial part of the story. INCARCERATION NATIONS has an introduction you don’t want to miss. From the first page, I was hooked. I don’t recall being so quickly drawn into a non-fiction, to a point I felt I was reading a great novel. MS. DREISINGER is without a doubt a gifted writer.

INCARCERATION NATIONS is a MUST read - for everyone. For those working in the system, inmates – present and former – victims, and all others. The issues surrounding our locked up nation has spiraled out of control. To a point we MUST stop and rethink what we are doing. We must put an end to this madness.

*Please see my profile for more information on this review.


No comments: