Saturday, October 8, 2016

Title:   American Endurance: Buffalo Bill, the Great Cowboy Race of 1893, and the Vanishing Wild West
Author: Richard A. Serrano
Publisher: Smithsonian Books (October 4, 2016)
Pages: 272

To say that I am obsessed with cowboys, and the western days is an understatement. When I spotted AMERICAN ENDURANCE: BUFFALO BILL, THE GREAT COWBOY RACE OF 1893, AND THE VANISHING WILD WEST by RICHARD A SERRANO I just knew I had to have it. I have to admit this is not my typical read. I read fiction with a cowboy and ranch theme. I love both contemporary and historical. I have been a Little House on the Prairie fan for years. I yearn to live in those days – with the convenience of a computer of course.

What I expected from reading AMERICAN EDURANCE: BUFFALO BILL, THE GREAT COWBOY RACE OF 1893, AND THE VANISHING WILD WEST is insight to exactly what the title suggest. What I didn’t expect was to be pulled into the book like a well written novel. I was shocked to discover how many pages I was in after just beginning to read. It’s well written, and packed full of history, mystery and adventure.

I have lived my entire life just an hour from Chicago, in Illinois. To imagine something historical happening so near to my hometown is exciting. Even more so to read about it. It is hard to phantom that just one hundred and twenty-three years ago life was so vastly different then today. Only three years before my grandmother was born. I feel blessed to have run cross this amazing read. 


*Please see my profile for more information on this review. 

No comments: