Wednesday, August 11, 2010

A SIMPLE AMISH CHRISTMAS


A SIMPLE AMISH CHRISTMAS is simply delightful, and my first ever Amish read. I’m not sure why it took me so long to finally read one but I’m certainly glad I did. I grew up watching LITTLE HOUSE ON THE PRAIRIE and have always felt drawn to the “simple life”. So why not the Amish.

It’s hard to believe this is Vannetta’s first book, it’s that well written. As an aspiring writer I found myself rereading several parts in hopes of the words sinking in enough to emulate later in my own writing.

A SIMPLE AMISH CHRISTMAS is a sweet story with characters you’ll love, and a plot that will keep you turning the pages. You feel as though you’ve entered into the world of the Amish. The glossary in the back was helpful, though it didn’t take long to figure out the meaning of the words as you read along.

The ending was uniquely amazing. I just LOVED what Vannetta did with it. It nearly took my breath away. It gives me goose bumps just to think of it.

Vannetta Chapman is a name to look for in the future.

2 comments:

Vannetta Chapman said...

Kym, I'm so glad you enjoyed A SIMPLE AMISH CHRISTMAS. I definitely enjoyed writing it! I appreciate your kind words.

Kym McNabney said...

Thanks, Vannetta. It was truly a great story in every aspect.

Blessings,

Kym