Monday, January 24, 2011

DO YOU HEAR VOICES?

We’ve been told that hearing voices in our head isn’t a good thing. A new Chris Young song has a thing or two to say about that. If everyone was raised with these kinds of values/moral, and listened to those voices in their head head as an adult, the world would be a better place.

We need to go back in time to a simpler life where more people demonstrated respect, kindness, and were less about themselves and more about helping their neighbors. One of the best things we can do for our kids, aside from teaching them about Jesus, is instilling good advice and morals.


When it comes down to it, it’s all about choices. If we don’t know the good ones, how can we make the right ones?


VOICES by Chris Young

You could say I'm a little bit crazy
You could call me insane
Walkin' 'round with all these whispers
Runnin' 'round here in my brain
I just can't help but hear 'em
Man, I can't avoid it

I hear voices
I hear voices like
My dad sayin' work that job
But don't work your life away
Mama tellin' me to drop some cash
In the offering plate on Sunday
And granddad sayin' you can have a few
But don't ever cross that line
Yeah I hear voices all the time

Turns out I'm pretty dang lucky
For all that good advice
Those hard to find words of wisdom
Holed up here in my mind
And just when I've lost my way
Or I got to many choices

I hear voices
I hear voices like
My dad sayin' quit the team
And you'll be a quitter for the rest of your life
Mama tellin' me to say a prayer
Every time I lay down at night
And grandma sayin' if you find the one
You'd better treat her right
Yeah, I hear voices all the time

Sometimes I try to ignore 'em
But I thank God for 'em
'Cause they made me who I am

My dad sayin' work that job
But don't work your life away
Mama tellin' me to drop some cash
In the offering plate on Sunday
And granddad sayin' you can have a few
But don't ever cross that line
Yeah I hear voices all the time
Yeah I hear voices all the time
All the time

6 comments:

Sweet Virginia Breeze said...

I think a lot of young people today do not have respect, manners, and morals instilled in them by their parents. They don't have those voices in their heads to guide them.

Kym McNabney said...

SVB, I totally agree. It's really sad. Hopefully the next generation will learn from their experience, and do right by their children.

Blessings,

Kym

Unknown said...

You are right, Kym! We need to be aware that we are leaving a legacy for future generations. It's up to us to decide whether we're going to leave a positive or negative legacy...

Kym McNabney said...

JB,

Very true. Thanks for your intake on it.

Blessings,

Kym

Unknown said...

Good song, good message. I ran across a poster of "advice" once that culminated with the line, "Never do anything that wouldn't make your mom proud." There's a world of good advice tied up in that one sentence alone!

Kym McNabney said...

Wow, thanks for sharing, K.M. I so agree.

Blessings,

Kym