Wednesday, October 14, 2009

READING DISCOVERY


I purchased this book on a recommendation. I did get quite a bit from it though I have to admit I had a hard time following it in many parts. The information was a bit confusing at times. I guess if we can get even one thing from a non-fiction read, it was worth reading.

I did enjoy reading some of the segments of the author's novels. One particular book intrigued me enough to check out the author on the web. I was surprised to find out he wrote over 75 books, and is the author of a childhood movie I saw, The Apple Dumpling Gang. Even more intrigued, digging deeper I was saddened to find that he is no longer living.

All in all, I would suggest this book to any struggling and or new writer.

I also plan on purchasing one of his novels that was reference in the book, Katie, Kelly, and Heck. It sounds intriguing.

No comments: