Sunday, October 11, 2009

WHAT I'VE LEARNED ABOUT WRITING - ENTRY #3

One thing that I'm constantly hearing is that author's need to promote themselves. Now days you need to have a Website, Blog, a presence on Facebook, Twitter and more. Publishing houses need to know that you’re willing to market yourself, thus your books.

Sometime ideas come to me in rapid succession, and other times I have to think for some time before one aterializes. I keep a daily log of what I plan to do each day. In that log I've scheduled the days I need to add to my Blog.

When an idea comes to me for a blog entry, I write it down on a sticky note and place it on my schedule for a particular day in my binder. When I get another idea, I write it down and place that sticky note several days from the last one, and so on. This way when I come to the day that I need to write an entry on my blog, the idea is already there.

Works great!

No comments: