Sunday, May 22, 2011

SCOTTY MCCREERY, WHAT AN INSPIRATION

Sadly there are many adults Christians who don’t openly talk about their faith, so for Scotty McCreery to do so as an American Idol contestant is amazing in my eyes. Some may feel speaking about their beliefs may result in lost votes. Scotty seems to have a balance between letting others know what he stands for without coming off as “preachy” or a “Jesus freak”. Not that there’s anything wrong with being a Jesus freak, mind you.

In an AMERICAN IDOL article in US WEEKLY this month, the top three contestants list:25 Things You Don’t Know About Me. Number 11 on Scotty’s list: “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!” Philippians 4:13.

Please take the time to watch the entire clip of Scotty’s homecoming concert. It speaks volumes to the man he is. He’s always had my votes. The more I learn about him, the more determined I am to do my part to see he wins. What a great thing for America if he does. To think how his life may influence others, especially teens, can only be a God thing.

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Great post, Kym. Thanks for sharing.

cb
http://sunnebnkwrtr.blogspot.com/

Kym McNabney said...

Thanks, Caroline.

Blessings,

Kym