Saturday, December 31, 2011

AN UNLIKELY WIFE INDEED



Title: The Unlikely Wife
Author: Debra Ullrick
Publisher: Love Inspired (January 3, 2012)
Pages: 288

The cover and title, as well as the blurb on the back cover of THE UNLIKELY WIFE by DEBRA ULLRICK, intrigued me. I’m a sucker for historicals, and love the mail-order bride concept. This was my first read by this author, and I was pleasantly surprised. Right away I was swept away by the well thought-out characters and the predicament they were placed in.

When Michael Bowen’s wife by proxy arrives by train, he’s more than a little set off. To say the least, she’s nothing like the woman Selina Farleigh Bowen’s letters suggested she was.

Wearing a pair of men’s trousers, Selina is instantly looked upon as an outcast…including from the man she married, sight unseen. It becomes increasingly obvious he’s in love with another woman…the woman who wrote Selina’s letter to Michael, her best friend, Aimee.

A stubborn woman who’s comfortable in her own skin, Selina refused to change for no man. That is until worry over losing the man she loves threatens to consume her. Will Michael ever learn to love a woman that didn’t fit his image of the perfect wife, and learn the true meaning of love?

In reading THE UNLIKELY WIFE, I was introduced to Haydon and Raniee Bowman. Both characters stories spiked my interest. I’ll be placing an order in the future for THE UNEXPECTED BRIDE, to unravel their tale.

No comments: