Monday, June 22, 2009

MAKING TIME FOR WRITING

It seems as though there are never enough hours in the day. It's hard to believe that at one point in my life, years ago when I was much, and I do mean much younger, that I was actually BORED! If only I had the dreams and direction I have now, back them, I can imagine all I could have accomplished. But what is one to do…it’s all part of the process of life.

For now, I have to find a way to fit in more writing time. I really admire all those that have had several books published.

I find for me this is what gets in the way:

-Procrastination.
-Stuck in my writing.
-Lack of discipline and carving out the time needed to accomplish what I set out to do.

I’m married to a fireman and with that and kids comes an ever-changing schedule. And this is a huge root to my lack of writing time. I’m such an all or nothing persons, and a routine really is what I thrive on. Everyday for me is so different, yet the same in so many ways.

I have the basics like everyday house chores, reading my devotional, my Bible, exercising, but then everything else is up for grabs. It all depends on the kids mostly, and what they have going on…or not.

But because of my love for putting pen to paper, or in my case, fingers to typewriter, I will continue to learn and grow and perfect my writing. I fear the day I’ll have to meet a deadline. I guess this challenge to write, Hearts Crossing, will be a test of some sort. After all it is due by September 30th, 2009. The requirements is for 20,000-25,000 words so that shouldn’t be so difficult.

Should it?

Well God bless, and happy writing to all you writers out there!

No comments: