Monday, February 22, 2010

ABC CHALLENGE

Here’s a fun little writing challenge I recently took. This is something I’m sure many writers have done, yet I had not. You need to write a story using the alphabet. The alphabet must be in order, the first letter of each sentence, not using names, and each line being only one sentence.

This is what I came up with.

A WALK DOWN THE ISLE

Although I was nervous, I still proceeded down the isle.

Beyond the first row, Butch was waiting for me, all dressed up in a snazzy suit and tie.

Can this really be happening?

Did I doze off and into a dream?

Everyone loves, Butch Hamilton.

Frankly, I didn’t know what to think of him at first.

Guys like him didn’t like girls like me.

He was tall, and dark and handsome.

I know, the typical hunk, right.

January was the month we met.

Kind as he was, I never thought he would look at me the way I looked at him.

Loveable Butch is what most called him.

My mom even liked him, which is saying a lot because she didn’t like most men I dated.

Not that I dated much.

Oh no, I was never that lucky.

Plenty of times I had wanted too, though.

Question was, would my mom approve?

Right now as I made my way down the isle I had to wonder how I, Casey Richards, got so lucky.

Sounds from behind me had me wanting to turn but I knew I shouldn’t.

The others around me looked back briefly but I still kept my eyes forward.

Under any other circumstances, I would have turned to see what they were seeing.

Veering to the right a bit, I felt a dizziness sweep over me.

What would I do if I passed out, now?

X-rays may be needed if I hit my head, and that would not be a good thing.

Yes, everyone was back on track, there attention was where it should be.

Zip down the rest of the isle, and I’d soon be Mrs. Butch Hamilton.

No comments: