Wednesday, April 18, 2012

LEARN WHAT LIES BETWEEN THE PAGES OF THE DISCOVERY


Title: THE DISCOVERY
Author: Dan Walsh
Publisher: Revell; Original edition (April 1, 2012)
Pages: 352

I have to say THE DISCOVERY is my favorite DAN WALSH novel. I loved what MR. WALSH did with the storyline. I thought it to be wonderfully unique. The fact that he added history in was an added plus, just the right touch to give me a glimpse into the times without bogging me down with boring details. The voices of Michael and Ben were distinctly different.

Michael Warner’s grandfather passes away and with his passing leaves Michael his home. What he discovers will unravel family secrets beyond Michael’s imagination.

I loved the story of Ben and Claire. In many books you get to know the character before they die, so when they do you feel the loss. With THE DISCOVERY the initial death holds little meaning. In this wonderful novel things change and in doing so, by the end of the story you’re mourning the death. Brilliant!

While reading Ben and Claire’s story I completely forgot that Michael was reading it, so emerged in Ben and Claire’s tale I was.

The story may have been slow to start, but once you hit page seventy it takes off, making it hard to put down. I especially enjoyed the references to the past. My grandfather was a musician. The mention of the old time bands provided a wonderful trip down memory lane.

No comments: