Saturday, April 7, 2012

A WINNER EVERY TIME



Title: Her Lone Star Cowboy
Author: Debra Clopton
Publisher: Love Inspired (March 20, 2012)
Pages: 224

DEBRA CLOPTON is one author that I continually look for her books. Each time I finish one I wish there were another waiting for to read. I own every single one she’s written. As soon as I heard the time was approaching for HER LONE STAR COWBOY to hit the stores, I started scanning the bookshelves. When I spotted it I was tempted to give someone nearby a high-five.

Jessie Holden has been hiding from his awful past. One he’d rather forget. When he meets the ever cheerful Gabi Newberry, she disrupts his years of confirmed bachelorhood, his anger towards the past, and issues he has with God.

Gabi may be a new believer but she doesn’t let that stop her from telling anyone in her path about her love for the Lord. That includes the handsome cowboy who seems to think his mission in life is to rescue her.

Once again MS CLOPTON has written a story with characters that will grab you and not let go. There were several memorable lines that made my jaw drop or put a smile on my face. I loved the characters stories. Gabi is not your typical heroine. I loved how she latches on to her new found faith and wants to shout it to the world.

Jessie, just like all the male characters in MS CLOPTON’S books, is one that will have your heart beating double time. You just can’t help but fall in love with him. MS CLOPTON continues to write exceptional stories with a path that will keep you guessing.

In HER LONE STAR COWBOY you get more than just a glimpse into Jessie’s brother’s life, Colt. You get involved, left yearning to read the rest of his story. Can’t wait for HER HOMECOMING COWBOY coming out in August 2012.

No comments: