Saturday, May 5, 2012

A ROLLER COASTER OF A BOOK

                                                                               
Title: The Cowboy Takes A Bride
Author: Lori Wilde
Publisher: Avon; Original edition (March 27, 2012)
Pages: 384

I have been blessed to receive books to read and review, and in doing so I often encounter an author I would not have otherwise read. THE COWBOY TAKES A BRIDE by LORI WILDE is one of them.

Out of work, Mariah Callahan heads to the land her estranged father willed her. She had one goal…get in and get out. But life doesn’t always turn out like you plan.

Joe Daniels is doing just fine…or so he thought. When his best friend’s daughter shows up at his place, he has one goal. To get rid of her. But there’s a problem. He’s attracted to her.

The first two-hundred pages I was totally captivated. I couldn’t put it down. The writing was amazing, the characters wonderful. The only things I could say bad about the book was the foul language.

Around page two-hundred it slowed down. I’m not sure what happened but it kind of flat lined for me. It may have been because the first portion was so riveting. It may have been due to the explicit sexual encounter. I typically read Inspirational/Christian fiction. The main characters were kind of bouncing back and forth on the same issues as well. For me that could have been eliminated or at the very least, cut back on or handled differently.

Somewhere around the last seventy or so pages it picked back up. Once again I couldn’t put it down. The ending was wonderfully unique.

MS. WILDE certainly knows how to write a story. I loved the beginning of each chapter. The writing was amazing with unique lines, a wonderful storyline, and full of twist and turns. I’m certainly interested in reading more from her in the future.


No comments: