Sunday, April 26, 2009

April 26th, 2009



Hi Everyone,





Thought I would share a wonderful book I just read, Lessons from San Quentin, by Bill Dallas.

Here's my review on Amazon:


A GREAT READ FOR ALL THOSE IN THE PRISON MINISTRY OR HAVE OR ARE IN PRISON., April 22, 2009
By
Kym McNabney (Illinois) - Wow, what an amazing book. I was quickly drawn into Bill's story of transformation from a selfish, godless human, to one devoted to his faith and living for God. This is a must read for all that are in the prison ministry, know of someone in the prison ministry, or are or have been in prison. I only wish it were currently available in paperback so I could order several copies for the inmates that I write to.

What a wonderful message of how God can transform our lives if only we allow Him to. Everything in this book is what I believe in, yet Bill has brought it to life in the pages in a way that will penetrate your soul, and having you saying, "yes, only God".

I hope that after reading this book and others like it, you will gain some insight to those that find their way into the prison system. That they too are people loved by God and created for a purpose, and deserve respect. There's not one of us who hasn't sinned or made mistakes.

If this story has tugged at your heart and made you think about those locked behind bars in a new way, check out the prison ministries available through your local church. I'm the coordinator for the adult prison pen pal program though my church. We go through, Christian Pen Pal. Check out their website at, christian-penpals.com. Their a great organization that matched up inmates with Christian volunteers. It's a wonderful ministry, one that will bless you beyond the blessing you will bring to others.






2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have this book on my Amazon wish list as "Highest" and am very much looking forward to it ASAP.

Prison Fellowship gave it a good review too.

Kym McNabney said...

Scott,

You won't regret reading it. It's very inspiring. Thanks for checking out my blog and signing up to become a follower.

Blessings,

Kym