Tuesday, August 4, 2009

HEARTS CROSSING ON THE MOVE

The story I’m writing for the contest, Hearts Crossing is coming along slowly but surely. With summer here, and kids out of school, about all I can do are two pages a day…if I’m lucky. It’s so hard when I hear of other authors accomplishing thousands of words a day. Yet it also gives me a kick to at least meet my measly two page a day, goal.

The due date is the end of September, with a 20,000 to 25,000 word count. As of today I’m at, 14,500 words. My other two novels are over the 100,000 word mark, so this has been a new challenge. A challenge to write a short story. A challenge to start with a ready-made synopsis. A challenge to meet a deadline. Something I’ll unfortunately…or is that fortunately…one day have to grow accustom too.

It’s been fun getting to know my characters as the story unfolds. They just had their first kiss! How exciting! Next, I’ll be reveling something to set them back. Something that will leave both characters wondering how this sudden and intense attraction can possible continue.

So at the end of the day, if I don’t win the contest I will have at least have walked away with a few things, like having met a deadline to name one. I will also be well on my way to completing another novel. I have no intentions of letting this story slip away. I fully intend to add to it, and submit it elsewhere if I don’t win.

The road to getting published can be a long and merciless one, but one that I fully intend to conquer.

No comments: