Monday, August 31, 2009

ROOTS


I saw this book at the store this past year. My initial reaction was there’s no way I’m going to buy it. I saw the movie years ago when it was first shown on TV, and it rocked my world. One that has never been prejudice, I was sickened by how blacks were treated.

ROOTS, has been deeply rooted in me all these years.

Over the next months the cover of the book flashed through my mind. I was fearful of the feelings the book would bring up. I hated the injustice done to others just because of the color of their skin.

I believe that if I was born in those days, my life would have ended early. I have no doubt that I would have been one to step up and speak out for the indecency of it all. There’s just no way I could have stood back and watched someone being treated the way they were.

So I'm challenging myself to read the book and refresh my mind of what others have to endure just because they are “different”. To be reminded, as a Christian, I need to continue to show love to all of Gods children. To show through my words and actions that it’s not okay to treat others any other way then the way Jesus would…period!

No comments: