Friday, May 29, 2009

IN WYOMING AND LOVING IT

Well, I'm here. It took me from 6:30 AM until 11:30 PM, but I made it safe and sound thanks to God, all who prayed for me and yes...THE GPS unit.

So far, it's all that I expected and more. I drove onto the Kindness Ranch in utter darkness, so to wake the next morning to what awaited me outside was amazing! The sunset last night was just as heavenly.

My first day I helped with the cats, walked the dogs, fed the pigs, and sheep and brushed the horses. This morning I started the day out taking the dogs for a long walk with one of the ranch managers. She wasn't here when I arrived, but during our dog walks were quickly getting to know one another.

I'm using their computer in the cat room with a cute gray and white cat only inches away, sitting on the table, gazing out the window. The rest seem to be relaxed, taking naps. It must be midmorning down time.

In the short time I've been here I'm learning much about animals, what they do here on the ranch, and the town of Hartville...which by the way is very historically interesting. I plan to make it into to town in the near future and take lots of pictures and find out what I can about this small little town with the population of only 76! Can you believe it! Obviously the animals outnumber the people, here.

I guess I'll cut this short seeing I'm not on my own computer with all the tools I usually have available.

More updates later.

No comments: